Safety “Professionals” Behaving Badly
I’m currently getting sent all these photos and videos (i wont publish so as to protect the guilty) of a couple of Safety Professionals from a mining contracting company who had to be rescued by a FEL from their overturned 4WD after trying to cross a flooded creek somewhere in the Australian Outback!
I have been paid a to write comprehensive SOP’s and SWMS for professional lawn mowers but I am the first to admit that I don’t do a Take 5 or even wear 8 kinds of PPE when I mow the lawn at home, yeah I’ve used the wheelie bin as a ladder, I’ve been pulled over for speeding at the gates of the company where I was about to do an AS4801 audit…………….
I’ve seen a Workcover Inspector fined in the city for “J” walking. I think we have all heard the story of the Workcover Inspector pulled over by the cops for speeding who then proceeded to issue the Officer with a fine for not wearing a hi viz vest.
Do Safety Professionals leave themselves open to ridicule when they decree all these convoluted systems, procedures, behaviours designed to protect us from ourselves but then fail or neglect to espouse them personally or set the example? Or are they human and fallible after all – despite what they think?
We copped a lot of flack for this article a year ago: http://www.safetyrisk.com.au/arrogant-safety-professionals-take-note/
I would love to hear some more examples of hypocrisy and Safety Professionals behaving badly!!!!
One of our readers just sent in this photo of the parking abilities (or lack of) of a Workplace Health and Safety Manager:
21 total views, 21 views today
Similar Posts You Will Enjoy
- Beware the Tossers from the Office
- Arrogant Safety Professionals Take Note!
- Effective Listening for Safety Professionals
- Ethical Behaviour for Safety Professionals
- Safety Professionals - We Are Our Own Worst Enemies
- Safety Professionals Identity Crisis
- Safety Professionals–Interpersonal Skills
- Safety Professionals–The Piggy in The Middle?
- What Can The Executive Suite Expect From Safety Professionals
- Why I Pick On Safety Professionals